Tuesday 24 January 2012

  I've just returned from an amazing weekend with my daughter! 
It was her birthday on Monday...21!!  How did that happen?
I travelled up on the Friday and arrived to a wonderful batch of her homemade cup cakes.  With real Strawberries inside!!

We just chilled for the rest of the Friday,,,enjoying being together again.
We are lucky to have the relationship that we do.  I am very much her Mum first followed closely by being good friends.  I have never developed this kind of relationship with my own Mum.. I think this is why I enjoy my daughter so much! We laugh alot together!!
On the Saturday we wandered around Kingston and treated ourselves to a lovely lunch with a nice bottle of wine.  Her boyfriend went and did his own thing and left us to it.  It was just so nice to sit there and catch up with each other.  My daughter has grown into a fantastic adult. 
On the Sunday we headed into central London.  We ended up there a little later than planned thanks to the trains......
We had a light lunch with a glass of vino and then plodded about. At 4pm I had a table booked for afternoon tea.  I will never forget how her face lit up when I don't her thats what we were going to do......priceless!
We had a lovely lot of goodies to work through,,,,Sandwiches,, pastries,, scones,, cakes,,,shortbreads,,brownies and pavlova!!  We could't do it all justice.  She did giggle as I popped the bits we couldn't manage into a napkin, wrapped it up and shoved it into my bag!

Just as I asked for the bill,,,,there was eye contact between the waitress and manager......we both got nervous.  My daughter, like myself, is not good at being the centre of attention.  We both hate it and want the floor to eat us up in one mouthful!  However,, the manager came of with a plate of handmade truffles with the lovely message piped in the side of the plate.

A beautful way to spoil my gorgeous girl..................perfect and locked away in the memory box forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment