Sunday 18 March 2012

Mumma's Day

  Today I got a gift of a cuppa in bed from my Hubby,,,something he does every morning!  But today I got the added gifts and card from my girl!!
   
         So thoughtful with some of my favourite things in Happy Yellow!!

  I am truely blessed to have the relationship I have with my daughter.  We are so close, get on really well and laugh LOTS!!!

   It's a different relationship than the one I have with my Mum.  My mum can be a bit controlling,,never wrong and a bit 'bitey' with me at times.  I don't have the laughs with her that I have with my girl,,,and I miss that.  I wish I could sit with my Mum and laugh until we cry,,,,go have lunch,, go shop,,,,and I wish she would do things with me,,,like ring up and say,,,'fancy lunch?'.
  I am the one who goes to see her,,,,I cannot remember the last time she nipped in for a cuppa and chat .  I am a beauty therapist and I booked her in for massages to help her back as it plays her up.  I use this time as a bit of a catch up.  It's sad that thats the only time we seem to connect.  I have tried really hard over the years, but have now learned to accept that this is just the way she is.  I have no doubt she loves me.  It's just her generation never seem to show it.. I am a very huggy person and she is not.  I wasn't brought up to be huggy,, it's just who I have become.  I am always hugging my girl when we're together.
  I missed her today and thought of her alot.  She's one special daughter.  xx

No comments:

Post a Comment