Sunday 19 August 2012

Catching up,,,



      For about 2 years now, myself and a great friend have been trying to organise a night out.  One reason it took so long was down to her drinking,,,,,no 'off button'.  So nights could become hard work with her as she drank more and I ended up not drinking and looking after her.  Well,, she now doesn't drink.
We went out last night.  We had the best time!! We went and ate Tapas and chatted soooooooooooooooooooo much first.  Then we went onto the pub/club area and had a great time.  Funny thing was the amount of attention we got.  It was good to have a night out not drinking.  People watching is the funniest when you're sober!! 
   I am truely so proud and happy for my friend that she is now not drinking.  It's been a hard path for her to do,, but she's doing so well.  I told her last night that I had missed her and loved having my old friend back.  She then opened up to me and told me how lucky she felt having me as a true friend, that I had been there through so bad times,, been honest with her at all times etc.  Was quite an emotional time,, so we had big hugs too. 
  We are planning another sober night,,, this time in fancy dress!!!   Bring it on!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment